Friedrich Carl

architect, architectural painter,

born Tölz, 03. Jan 1824

died München, 24. Jan 1903

1844-47 Studies architecture at the Munich Academy,

Pupil of Eduard Metzger, August Voit, Joseph Schlotthauer and Clemens Zimmermann.

1849-55 he was assistant to Carl Alexander Heideloff in Nuremberg,

In 1854 he supervised the restoration of the Heilig-Kreuz-Kirche.

1855-65 he was teacher at the Kreisgewerbeschule and prof. at the Kunstgewerbeschule Nuremberg;

1865-75 prof. at the arts and crafts school in Weimar.

1875-89 curator of the painting collection at the GNM and the royal painting collection in the Moritzkapelle.

Mayer created a number of paintings with interior and exterior views of Nuremberg churches and other buildings, mostly with historical staffage.

Member of the P.Bl.O. Works: Verz. s. Boetticher with 42 works.

quoted from the Nuremberg Künstlerlexikon, edited by Manfred H. Grieb